Updates to our Code of Conduct
Please have a look through our recently updated code of conduct. This code sets out the expectations of appropriate behaviour for all people affiliated with the Guelph Arts Council, including members, staff and volunteers.
Guelph Arts Council Code of Conduct
(Updated May 13, 2015)
Guelph Arts Council is an organization that is proudly supported by a small staff and the hard work of numerous volunteers. Our goal is to provide a positive and healthy working environment for everyone involved with the organization. The Guelph Arts Council Code of Conduct reflects our commitment to our membership, community, and all of those involved in our organization as we all work together to foster a collaborative creative community in Guelph. The Code of Conduct sets out the expectations of appropriate behaviour for all people affiliated with the Guelph Arts Council, including members, staff and volunteers.
Our Vision: Championing Guelph's creative community
Our Mission: To advocate for and foster a collaborative creative community in Guelph
We reflect our Vision and Mission in our internal and external interactions by:
· respecting the values, mandate, and mission of the organization and working towards the common goal of championing Guelph's creative community.
· working to maintain a respectful environment and attitude while representing the organization in the community.
· maintaining confidentiality. Confidentiality of members, the organization, and volunteers is of prime importance. Those affiliated with the Guelph Arts Council agree to respect the confidentiality of the organization as well as its activities, programs, members, staff, and volunteers.
· showing sensitivity. As a diverse community, those affiliated with the organization must show sensitivity and respect for differing views, beliefs, and opinions of the community, membership, staff, and volunteers. Guelph Arts Council has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to abuse, bullying, or malicious behaviour of any kind.
· working to provide enjoyable working conditions for all staff and volunteers. This will include the resources and support to perform and operate in a safe, friendly, and creative environment.
· respecting and accommodating all members of the community by offering programs and services using accessible tools as well as offering programs/events in accessible spaces.
· as staff and volunteers, disclosing any conflict of interest as per the Conflict of Interest policy.
This code of conduct is supplementary to existing legislation and Guelph Arts Council policies and is meant to be considered, in whole, with existing laws.
Failure to adhere to this Code of Conduct may result in the termination of membership in the Guelph Arts Council.
Name: ______________________________________ Date: ______________